"FOS Syrup" - Fructooligosaccharides
We depend on our intestine as a primary organ for assimilating nutrients and eliminating toxins. It is said that good health begins in the colon. According to health sources, up to 90% of all toxins that enter the body do so through the intestines. This includes the section of intestines known as the colon. Bacteria can be classified as either good or bad and the colon is a major repository of both. Bad bacteria can cause or exacerbate poor health. Good bacteria, also called beneficial bacteria, are the foundation of a healthy digestive system. Since 80% of our immune system is in our digestive tract, it’s easy to understand why a healthy digestive system is 'the root of good health'.
Interesting facts about intestinal bacteria:
- We share our intestine with 100 trillion micro-organisms.
- There are 500 different species of bacteria in that population.
- The ratio of good to bad bacteria is a critical measure determining your overall health. The ideal balance is 85 percent good and 15 percent bad.
- One of the jobs that good bacteria performs is to control the growth of bad bacteria by competing for nutrition and attachment sites in your colon."
Functions & Benefits:
- Strengthens immune system.
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption.
- Lowers Cholesterol and Promotes Healthy Skin.
- Can be used as a healthy sweetener to any beverage or added to cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt or fruit juice.
- One to two sachets a day (10 ml each) for adults.